Thursday, April 23, 2009

The P Fam • Greenville Children's Photographer

I'm finally getting around to posting these from a few weeks ago. My friend Brittany and her family have been so supportive and encouraging of my photography and I just love taking pictures of them. She's an amazing friend and also an amazing stylist at Augusta Place Salon if you're looking for someone!

I've been transitioning lately into working less at my full-time job, which is now part-time and having more time for photography. I've actually been busier somehow and am still trying to figure that out. God laid everything out perfectly and at the perfect time. My husband and I are so blessed to be in the position we're in with not having many expenses and being able to save. I'm realizing these days that so many people are held captive by money. I'm very frugal, most of the time, and I'm seeing that by being that way and having money saved, you're able to have so much more freedom. Sure, you won't have that big screen TV, nice furniture, new car, etc., but you also won't have those monthly payments that hold so many people in bondage at the cost of keeping up with others. It's so easy to get caught up in the worldly things and doing certain things because it's expected. I'm trying to live a life where the world looks at my life and says "what??" I know that my life is in line with Jesus' will when it doesn't make sense to the world.

"If you find the godless world is hating you, remember it got its start hating me. If you lived on the world's terms, the world would love you as one of its own. But since I picked you to live on God's terms and no longer on the world's terms, the world is going to hate you.
John 15:17-19










No comments: