Thursday, January 15, 2009

close call

So, have you ever had those times where you are so thankful for life? for the day you've been given? I'm having one right now. Some of my friends and I just got back from an awesome trip to New York. As we were about to take off that Monday night, I was reading an article in USA Today about a record amount of time that airlines had gone without having a fatal crash. It said the probability of you dying in an airline crash is the same as one of your kids becoming the president in your lifetime. We flew home Monday night from LaGuardia to Charlotte. Today, a flight leaving LaGuardia on it's way to Charlotte, hit a flock of seagulls upon take off. 6 minutes after the plane took off, it headed into the Hudson River, which was about 42ish degrees. Thank Jesus everyone survived and are being treated. I can't imagine being on that flight. I would have probably died of shock as soon as something seemed wrong ( I am THAT afraid of flying). As always though, bad times/events can always set the stage for good to happen/come of it. I'm glad this did not happen with our flight, but at the same time I have a feeling that the people on this flight are going to begin to put things in their life into perspective and live it up because they've had a brush with death. Praise Jesus for having a hand on this plane.



No comments: