Thursday, May 14, 2009

13.1

Well, it's a done deal. I just signed up for a half marathon. 13.1 miles. The longest distance I will have ever ran. I have until Oct. 31 to train, so I'm hoping I can get up to that kind of mileage by then. I've been putting this off since college and have run out of excuses to do one. I've never wanted to do a full marathon, probably because I know my body would hate me for it. I don't have the best knees and I'm sure that kind of training would do them in. A half marathon is the perfect running goal for me. Long enough to have to train, but not long enough to almost kill you, at least I hope not. So if anyone out there loves to run and is up for it, I would love to have some company! Here is the website.

In other news, I am finally going to get my certification to be a personal trainer. I've always been interested in anything related to being healthy, working out, etc. I love working out and doing anything active, and when I see opportunities like teaching aerobics, water fitness classes, wellness coaches, etc. I always get discouraged that I have no experience or knowledge to be able to do anything like that but know I would love it! So, while I'm young and able, I'm going to be taking classes this fall and next spring to prepare me for it. I'm really excited about it. This sounds really dorky but I'm excited about LEARNING. I miss college and think my brain is needing more stimulation than it's getting right now;) I will still be doing photography, but am limiting the amount of weddings. I am phasing out of doing mainly weddings but may do 1 or 2 a month depending on time. Bring on all the babies, newborns, families and seniors though! **I will not be booking anymore weddings for August and October 2009. **

To add some color to this post:), here's a sneek peek of Tia & Bo's engagement session.

4Tia&Bo_501

No comments: