Thursday, September 3, 2009

homemade Christmas


It's going to be tight this holiday season..even if it wasn't though I'm sure I would think of something to try and make. I love the challenge of taking on a new craft every year...I know my family loves it as well (sarcasm).
I'm loving the handmade/vintage look that's in right now for accessories, jewelry, and clothing, and I think I can create some things that will be ok to wear in public:).
Here's my inspiration...



I'll try to take pictures of my finished products to post after Christmas of course.

and for my spiritual inspiration...I'm 3 weeks into half marathon training so this verse especially stuck out to me this morning.

24-25You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.

26-27I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.

1Corinthians 24-27 (the message)



No comments: