Monday, November 2, 2009

So glad it's over

I finally completed one of my life goals- run a half marathon.

It was tough but so much fun. I thought getting the swine flu during training was going to put a damper on things, but I think the rest actually helped me out. The rain Saturday also helped out. It felt sooo good.

It's a great course all through downtown Greenville and Cleveland Park. I recommend it to everyone for next year....here.

Here's some pics from the day...

Before the race...our hands are doing 13.1 if you can't tell..

11:1:09_80

the winner....he beat me by a couple of feet...j/p;)

11:1:09_84

Behind the yellow shirt guy

11:1:09_87

sweet taste of finishing:)

11:1:09_89

Melissa, Jack's cousin's wife, and my running buddy, sprinting at the finish

11:1:09_90

after the race with food in hand

11:1:09_92

my biggest fan and supporter..sat in the rain for two hours just to watch me finish;)

11:1:09_95

No comments: