Thursday, February 11, 2010

choices, goals, and no regrets...

I've been wasting a lot of time lately....doing what?... worrying, stressing, trying to predict life in a few years, etc....in the words of Jesus, sinning.

You see, I have this huge desire inside of me to help/serve lots of people daily and not to work at a desk 8 hours of day...this is broad I know, which makes it even tougher...

I have many things I enjoy doing... I'm not motivated by money at all, so if I love what I do and it pays min. wage, no problem.

What I would like to do (depending on what day you ask me)...

-photography
-personal trainer
-PTA (physical therapy assistant)
-stay at home mom and be crafty (if and when kids come)

What God would like for me to do...
-?

I'm praying through this right now... some days I think I hear him and feel a peace about my decision at that time. Other times I analyze situations that haven't even happened or may never happen and give in to fear. I'm a mess. I need Jesus to remind me of his presence minute by minute and thought by thought so I don't waste my time or opportunities he's placed in front of me at the present time. I'm bad about making rash decisions and then quitting what I start..I really don't like that about myself. I could use lots of prayer... for discernment... for patience to wait on God's will...for faith that he will always provide....for a clear path...for my faith to let God be the BIG God that he is.

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.-Jer. 29:11

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow has enough troubles of it's own.- Mat. 6:34

to be patient
We live with constant change,
with daily demands for quick decisions
and automatic responses.
Slow down.
Give yourself time to consider,
to sort through complicated issues,
to wait for responses.
Patience calms our lives.
It offers options.

An excerpt from It's Never Too Late... 172 simple acts to change your life by Patrick Lindsay.


Taken on our trip to Caesar's Head...looks like a pondering type of picture;)

No comments: