Tuesday, February 23, 2010

good flicks

If you're like me, you don't want to spend $9 on a bad movie. My husband and I butt heads when it comes to movie choices. If I'm going to see a $9 movie I want it to be the artsy/inspirational one with great reviews. He on the other hand will see almost anything that comes out-bad reviews and all. He says he doesn't care what people say about it, he wants to see it and judge for himself...needless to say we've seen our fair share of bad movies;) So, I thought I would start to blog about movies I see and try to let people know before they spend money whether or not it's worth it or more importantly let people know of a good flick that they may have overlooked...

Most of the movies will probably be from Redbox b/c it's such a better deal than seeing it in theaters, so this may be a little late...

Anyways, when the weatherman was predicting this (below) the other week, I stopped by a redbox and rented a couple of movies to watch during sledding breaks.

feb13_49

feb13_54

I rented The Hurt Locker and Cloudy w/a chance of Meatballs.

I've been wanting to see Cloudy w/a CofM ever since I saw a preview for it. It was really cute...Jack wasn't really up for it at first but I caught him laughing at a few parts.;)

I hadn't heard much about The Hurt Locker but knew it was nominated for some awards. We usually rent the movies that are nominees for awards once they come out.
It was such a good movie and it's hard to explain why. I was hesitant at first because it's a war type movie and I'm not usually drawn to those. This movie keeps you on edge the whole time...there's really nothing over the top when it comes to special effects and all that, maybe that's why it's so good because it's so real. I really recommend this movie...it's very well done and really makes you appreciate those who serve our country.

Let me know of any movies you've seen that are worth renting!


1 comment:

The Rollins Family said...

Meredith, I am blown away with your work. You are so talented!!! I am so glad that I found you or you found me on blogspot. I can't wait to read more!

We really need to get together again soon. Matthew just loves Jack! I think that he keeps him sane at work.